Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Are You Ready For Some Football!

Our house is more than ready for football season to start.  Fantasy Football leagues are getting organized again, new K-State tickets have been selected, and Cooper has been working on his form.

That's right, Cooper full on, tackled me to the ground in the middle of the yard today.

I was standing in my backyard with my parents discussing some work we needed to do to the house, when all of a sudden I see Cooper out of the corner of my eye.  From the neighbor's yard Cooper is sprinting as fast as he can towards us.  By the time I see him, it is too late for me to do anything.  Cooper knocks my feet out from under me and I land flat on my back (and kind of on top of Cooper).  I am laying there on the ground trying to process what just happened, and making sure I didn't break any bones.  Cooper just trots around to me and looks at me like "Wasn't that fun."  I scrapped up the palm of my hand, and had a cut on the back of my leg, but other then that, I think I am okay.  I am sure I will be a little sore tomorrow.

Nothing like having a 76 pound dog run at you at a full sprint.  I case you haven't heard, Cooper has finally gained some weight, and is now 76 pounds.  His new nickname is the "Ol' 76er."

After four days of working on my house, and an impromptu tackling practice with Cooper, I am feel every bit of my 30 years.

2 comments:

  1. I can so picture this happening! Made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic! Our pups do the SAME kind of things! Actually, they do this too (from my Facebook today):

    Disgusting, yet legitimate question: HOW do I get my dogs to stop rolling in their crap?! Seriously! They take a dump and defile my beautiful lawn & then they ROLL in it! And, the SMELL! Oh! My! God! *gag* And then, they're all poop coated and chasing me! I'm all outside, running circles around my house, being chased by sh*t covered hounds, screaming at them to stop between dry heaves! (Christ, my poor neighbors must think I need an intervention...) Currently I'm hiding in the bottom of a closet, gagging, and armed with a waterhose and Febreeze in case they find me. Oh my God, save me! Clean freak is having an anxiety attack/meltdown that even Britney Spears would be jealous of! How do I make it stop!?

    Haha!
    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete