Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Just a Little Sunshine

If you haven't heard, Kansas has been hit by the one-two punch of winter storms Q and Rocky.  I enjoy watching the snow fall, but now I wouldn't mind if it would stop.  The piles of snow are getting so tall I don't know if they will ever melt, and I don't know if my back and arms can take another round of shoveling the driveway.

My husband and I have had the good fortune to spend most of January in much warmer climates like, Phoenix, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, and Houston.  So to remind me of sunnier, warmer days, I will share a few of our trip pictures.

First up, Phoenix, Arizona to watch the K-State Wildcats in the Fiesta Bowl.



Unfortunately, the Cats lost, and to top things off I got food poisoning and spent a whole day in the hotel (I won't explain further).

Before we caught our flight home we had a few hours to kill, so we stopped by this old historic house (I can't remember the name) that was one of the first in Phoenix.



Next we were off to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.  We spent a week at an all-inclusive resort with my parents and 8 other family friends.  We had a blast, and I wish I was back there now.


My adorable (and maybe drunk) parents.


The rest of the group (sorry it's a little dark).




Finally, we went to Houston, Texas for a work convention.  It was a lot of long days, but the weather was great, and we got to see a lot of friends we haven't seen in a while.

I hope these photos help Spring to come a little sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment