Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The B&B is Closed

The unofficial Bed and Breakfast at our home, is now officially closed.

Let me explain.

Last weekend I hosted my Sister-in-law's bridal shower at our house.  Most of my husband's family is from out of town, so they all came to stay with us last weekend for the shower.  I had 8 people staying at our house (plus two couch crashers Friday night, and one Saturday night).

It's a lot of work to host 8 people in your home.  At least for me it's a lot of work.  I come from a very small family.  We didn't have family come and stay with us very often, we didn't have anyone stay with us very often growing up.  If we had someone come stay with us, it was kind of a big event.  My husband on the other hand, has a large, close family.  It doesn't phase my husband at all to have a house full of people.

I am slowly learning to relax, and enjoy having company, and not stress out over every little thing being perfect.  I am learning to except the help that is offered from my in-laws.  To think I can cook and clean up after 10-15 people at a time and still enjoy their company is insane.  I love to entertain and throw parties, but I tend to go overboard, and get stressed out.  I am learning to cut back, and go simple.

When we bought our house, I never thought we would use the 4 extra bedrooms.  But every so often they fill up with our family and friends, and it's nice.  I am learning to enjoy being the unofficial B&B owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment