Monday, March 19, 2012

Catch Up

Sorry it has been so long since my last post.  Life has been busy (when is it not?).  I thought I would do a little re-cap on what we have been up too.

Our business opened a new office in downtown Wichita.  That has been more work then I thought it would be. Buying office furniture, insurance, supplies, etc.  You don't even realize what you are forgetting until you say "Where is the. . .?"  And I have not even begun to decorate the office.  It is still bare walls for us.

Speaking of decorating, I still need to decorate my home.  I have some lovely ladies that said they would help me.  I need them soon!  I never thought I would say this, but I am tired of shopping. Gasp! Crazy I know.  I think I am really just tired of making decisions, so I rather just go with bare walls then make another decision.  I think I could still go clothes shopping all day, every day.

In addition to the un-decorated office and home, we now also have a completely empty apartment near our office.  Yay! No more hotel rooms.  After over nine months, we will finally be checking out of the hotel in Pratt.  We leased an apartment last weekend.  Here is the cool part, it is in a 100 year old high school that they renovated into apartments.  But it still looks like a high school in the hallways.  It's a little trippy to think you are sleeping at a high school.  Add the apartment to the list of things I need to decorate and buy furniture for.  I think we will be going with a minimalist design for this one (can you tell I am getting lazy?).

Other then my spare time (haha, what's that?) as a decorator, life has been going pretty well.  We are now up to 40 contractors that work with us, and we keep taking on new clients.  The business is growing faster then we ever expected.

Now I just need a vacation that includes a fruity cocktail on the beach.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! New apartment!!! You'll have to have us over to see it!

    I am at your full disposal for decorating. When i'm not busy traveling all over gods green earth! lol.

    Lets do this!

    ReplyDelete