Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Pain in the Butt

My dogs are a pain in the butt.  And now they need a pain in their butt, they are due for shots.  Why do dogs need so many shots?  I swear they get 4-5 a year.  We get a lot when we are little, but I can't really remember the last time I had a shot.

I was trying to board my dogs this weekend (I know Thursday afternoon is kind of waiting until the last minute).  Turns out Cooper needs one shot and Derby needs two.  I am 250 miles from my vet, and I really don't want to have to go through a whole work up with a local vet just to get them boarded.

So I ask again, why do they need so many shots?  Don't they have better immune systems.  They eat poop and dead bird pieces and it doesn't even phase them (not that my dogs have eaten both of those this week).

If people want to interact with the general public no one asks for our medical records first.  No one asked me when my last shots where when I booked my hotel room for the weekend.  But my dog wants to stay three nights at a pet hotel and I have to provide detailed medical records.  When you have traveled as much as we have, and the dogs have been to four vets in the past three years, it is a little hard to keep track of all their paperwork.

I guess we will be paying Aunt Krista a visit this weekend for three shots.

1 comment:

  1. bummer. I know the feeling. I spent 4 days keeping my dogs on the down low while I stayed at my ex-MIL's B&B. She knew I had them but she didn't know I let them roam freely in my room and not locked up in the kennel whenever indoors. I am such a rebel.

    If I lived near I would dog sit : )

    ReplyDelete