Monday, January 30, 2012

Just Another Manic Monday

Aren't Mondays so much fun?  Don't you wish every day could be Monday?

No?

My Monday was especially crazy.  Like most Mondays lately, I got up at 4:30 am to get ready and drive down to Pratt.  So of course I didn't sleep at all last night because I knew I had to get up so early.  I just lay there waiting for my alarm to go off.  I finally get out of bed and in the shower, just as I get out of the shower my hubby leaves to get to Pratt before me.

Not five minutes after he leaves the house do I hear Cooper throwing up in our bedroom.  Let me tell you a 75lb dog throwing up is not petite.  He pukes twice in our bedroom and I finally drag him out into the hall and he pukes two more times on the tile.  Now I have 4 puddles of puke to clean up at 5 o'clock in the morning.  Awesome.

I finally get everything cleaned up and everything in the car, including the dogs, and we are off, 40 minutes later then I wanted to leave.  On the way down to Wichita, Cooper is very antsy, and keeps getting up in the back and looking around.  I am pleading with him not to puke in my car.  I am not sure that Cooper understands what I am saying, but I would like to think he does.  Luckily, he makes it all the way down with out another incident.

Just to add on to Cooper's puke I got to clean this morning.  On Friday, we are getting ready to leave the hotel and head back home and I am taking the dogs outside.  Cooper decides to pee on my foot!  I was wearing ballet flats, so not just on my foot, but in my shoe.  So gross!

Needless to say, Cooper is not on my favorite dogs list right now.  I can't take any more from him.

2 comments:

  1. eh dog puke, baby puke, kid puke, it is all puke. You keep on loving them anyway. I hope Cooper is feeling better.

    Do you take them to the vet or just assume it is a stomach flu of some sort? My dogs do weird stuff sometimes and I never know when to run them to the vet or just hold off. It isn't like my daughter where she can tell me what is wrong or I can check for a fever or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the worst.. every once-in-a-while in the middle of the night we hear a "yaaaaak, yaaaaaaaaaaak" from our german shepard. It is so bad b/c you know what is going to happen next. Usually Tyler leaps from the bed and rushes the dog to the bathroom. Tile floor is so much better than carpet!! UGH!!!!

    ReplyDelete